Our bees are dying out fast and a huge reason for this is the loss of their natural habitat. They've lost 97% of their grassland habitats in the past 60 years. But disaster can be averted.
Right now, people are working together to help create bee-friendly spaces all over the country - and you can too.
Why bees matter
Bees pollinate flowers, plants and crops that support other species (including humans). Without bees, our economy and the future wellbeing of our children and grandchildren would be at risk.
That's why it's so worrying that 20 bee species have become extinct in the UK since 1900 and a further 35 are on the threatened species list.
Three reasons Britain's bees need your help today:
• The loss of habitat is the most pressing problem facing British bees: 97% of our vital grasslands have been lost in the past 60 years.
• Bees pollinate 75% of our main food crops worldwide, including some of our favourite produce like apples, strawberries and tomatoes.
• Scientists estimate that it would cost over £1.8 billion every single year to pollinate UK crops by hand.
How you can help
• Plant new wildflower spaces to provide food and shelter for bees
• Educate yourselves and young people about the importance of bees
Get FREE Gardening tips and ideas from our experts in your inbox.