Rose Growing Online Course
How our courses work▲ TOP
You're going to love learning with us!
- After you buy, you can start the course whenever you're ready
- You'll have 4 weeks to complete 4 lessons, study at your own pace
- You'll likely need 2 1/2 hours per lesson, but you can study whenever it suits you
- You'll get expert critique from your tutor Michael Marriott (you'll be able to ask them questions too)
- We'll pair you up with a group of like-minded classmates from around the world
- You'll have access to the classroom, content and your classmates for life
- You'll also gain certification
More questions? Take a look at our frequently asked questions.
About the course▲ TOP
Suitable for all abilitiesThe rose is exceptional in the plant world. Not only is it an extremely valuable garden plant that can be grown in most climates around the world. There is no other plant that has such a symbolic and close cultural association with us. Michael Marriott is the world leading expert on roses and Chief Rosarian at David Austin Roses.
Wherever you are in the world, Michael will help you plan and nurture a beautiful rose garden. He will help you choose the right rose for your situation, and advise on everything from pruning roses, to fragrance and color combinations.
Lesson Plan▲ TOP
Each lesson starts with a 30 minute video from your expert tutor, which you can watch whenever you like.
After each lesson, practice what you’ve learned with an assignment and receive personalised feedback from your tutor. Each of which should take no longer than 2 hours.
- 1. The Wonderful World of Roses
A look at the world of roses, the different groups and their main characteristics
- 2. The Many Ways to Use Roses in the Garden
The many ways the rose can be used in the garden
- 3. How to Look After Roses
How to look after the rose from variety choice to pruning
- 4. Breeding roses, how roses are grown commercially, designing rose garden, rose fragrances
Assorted pieces – the very varied world of rose fragrances; how to breed new varieties of roses and commercial production methods.