Arts and Crafts Movement US
Learn in an online classroom with no more than 20 classmates. More
David Rago has appeared as an appraiser on the US Antiques Roadshow for 20 years and he is the author of six books on 20th century design. He has dealt in Arts and Crafts for 44 years and together with his wife owns David Rago Auctions.
On this online course David paints a fascinating picture of The Arts and Crafts Design Movement and how this revolution has impacted collectible arts and crafts in the US. David includes real world examples and brings the social and political context behind key pieces, so you come to recognise the signature style of the movement and specific influential individuals.
David draws on his experience and his very personal perspective of the Movement, of living with objects in your own home that carried the spirit of creativity. He takes each of the three main ingredients of Arts and Crafts material step-by-step - mud, copper, and oak. With his infectious enthusiasm about the creative process David will share with you how the Arts and Crafts Movement changed these base materials, into golden objects, and who were the key arts and crafts designers, manufacturers and artists in America.
Whether you're an enthusiastic collector or a dealer David will teach you how to spot good arts and crafts design movement objects and decorative arts pieces for collection or for resale.
This is a unique opportunity to interact with a real world expert. But please remember he won't be able to provide a valuation service for your objects.
- how the arts and crafts movement reached America
- leading potters and ceramic works across the USA
- key wrought metal schools
- influential furniture manufacturers and their style
Time to complete this arts and crafts movement USA course:
Every student is different but in general we think the whole course will take around 7 hours 10 minutes to complete including:
The course includes:
- On-demand video lessons - presented by David Rago
- lifetime access to the video, notes and interactive class
- flexible classes - join and learn when and where you like
- downloadable lesson notes
- practical (optional) arts and crafts design movement project
- access on your mobile, PC, Mac or laptop
- small interactive online classroom chat online to students from around the world
Ready to get started?
Just add the course to your basket above - choose the 'Expert' option for personal feedback from David on your arts and craft design movement assignments.
Any questions? Contact us by clicking on the orange speech symbol - we'd love to hear from you.
Arts & Crafts Moves to America
Buy now and start whenever you like
Discover the benefits of group learning in an online interactive classroom of no more than 20 people. Get the most from shared knowledge and community study
- Start course whenever you like
- Practise what you learn with your peers
- Online classroom with up to 20 classmates
- 4 lessons with expert videos & notes
- 4 course assignments
- Group chat & direct message classmates
- Lifetime access to videos, notes & classroom
NewBuy this course for a business or group
You can now buy this course through your business or organisation for individuals and groups up to 20
Antiques classroom - how it works
Watch video tutorials led by expert tutors
Practice what you learn with inspiring assignments
Get assignment feedback from expert tutors
Collaborate and chat directly to classmates
Meet David Rago
Rago is an animated teacher and a natural story teller.