How to build your own tree house online course
How our courses work▲ TOP
You're going to love learning with us!
- After you buy, you can start the course whenever you're ready
- You'll have 4 weeks to complete 4 lessons, study at your own pace
- You'll likely need 2 1/2 hours per lesson, but you can study whenever it suits you
- You'll get expert critique from your tutor David Parfitt (you'll be able to ask them questions too)
- We'll pair you up with a group of like-minded classmates from around the world
- You'll have access to the classroom, content and your classmates for life
- You'll also gain certification
More questions? Take a look at our frequently asked questions.
Watch a short preview▲ TOP
About the course▲ TOP
Suitable For All AbilitiesOn this course you will be given a creative insight into how to build your own treehouse from a simple platform type to a fairy castle. The course covers the planning, technology and simple principles needed to design a treehouse that meets your needs, along with ideas and practical skills that will enable you to build it.
You will also be shown ways to tackle most of the situations that you are likely to meet, in planning a treehouse and inventive ways of solving the problems associated with this fascinating activity.
During this course I will give you all the information that you will need to make a basic treehouse, one that will be adaptable enough for your tree to make its own, and for you to elaborate on to make a glorious treehouse. I will also offer suggestions on creative ways of customising your structure. We will cover design considerations, making platforms for the three basic types of tree, materials, fastenings and safety issues.
Learning outcome: On completion of this course you will have designed you own tree house on paper and have the knowledge and expertise to construct and build it.
Lesson Plan▲ TOP
Each lesson starts with a 30 minute video from your expert tutor, which you can watch whenever you like.
After each lesson, practice what you’ve learned with an assignment and receive personalised feedback from your tutor. Each of which should take no longer than 2 hours.
- 1. Choosing your space, planning your structure
In the first week, we'll understand how to choose a suitable tree, the principles of attaching structures to trees, and ways to approach designing a treehouse, the creative process, understanding safety, how to design and beginning the construction process for building the perfect treehouse.
- 2. Building your platform (working through a single-trunked platform example)
Building your platform (working through a single-trunked platform example). This time we will get more specific and begin to run through the process of constructing a treehouse starting with the platform.
- 3. Beams & Joists, and spanning multiple trees
Beams & Joists, and spanning multiple trees. It's time to take care of the platforms width and add some joists.
- 4. Making the fantasy a reality
The superstructure, entry point, hatches and doors, the ladder, and keeping it safe.