Lawn Growing & Maintenance Online Course
How our courses work▲ TOP
You're going to love learning with us!
- After you buy, you can start the course whenever you're ready
- You'll have 4 weeks to complete 4 lessons, study at your own pace
- You'll likely need 2 1/2 hours per lesson, but you can study whenever it suits you
- You'll get expert critique from your tutor Andy McIndoe (you'll be able to ask them questions too)
- We'll pair you up with a group of like-minded classmates from around the world
- You'll have access to the classroom, content and your classmates for life
- You'll also gain certification
More questions? Take a look at our frequently asked questions.
Watch a short preview▲ TOP
About the course▲ TOP
Suitable for All Abilities.Anyone with a lawn will know that most fail to live up to our expectations of a lush emerald sward due to the effects of neglect, wear and tear, drought, weeds and moss. I will discuss how to reduce maintenance, how to get rid of weeds in lawns, which mower to buy, how to get stripes, how to control weeds and moss, feeding and even creating a new lawn from scratch. I will help you design your lawn, making it not only an attractive feature but an integral part of your garden. Let me show you how to restore a neglected lawn, so it becomes a part of the garden that you want to admire all year round.
Learning outcome: Stacked full of invaluable information; for everyone who aspires to own the perfect lawn. By the end of this course you will have the knowledge to grow, maintain, and nurture your perfect emerald sward.
Lesson Plan▲ TOP
Each lesson starts with a 30 minute video from your expert tutor, which you can watch whenever you like.
After each lesson, practice what you’ve learned with an assignment and receive personalised feedback from your tutor. Each of which should take no longer than 2 hours.
- 1. From the Beginning
This week we cover sowing your lawn from seed, how to turf, lawn mixtures, the shape of your lawn, lawn care and a general introduction to the decisions to be made when developing a new lawn, or restoring a tired lawn.
- 2. Getting the Lawn in Shape
Just like other plants in the garden, your lawn has different requirements at different times of the year. We look at weed control, looking at moss in your lawn, and how and when to fertilize your lawn.
- 3. Mowing - Perfect grooming
Cutting lengths, styles, stripes, and the right mower for your needs.
- 4. Getting Creative with Grass
You do not necessarily have to have a neatly cut fine sward with immaculate stripes. With a little imagination the appearance of the lawn can be transformed by mowing it differently, and perhaps cutting it to varying lengths You do not necessarily have to have a neatly cut fine sward with immaculate stripes. With a little imagination the appearance of the lawn can be transformed by mowing it differently, and perhaps cutting it to varying lengths.