Chocolate Making made easy with Learning with Experts: Supermarkets all over the country are brimming with chocolate and sweet treats, but making them at home is far more fun! You can learn how to make your own chocolate at home - it's easier than you think and tastes fantastic!
Making your own chocolate may seem daunting, but it's easy once you get the hang of it, and it can be an incredibly rewarding skill to learn. We can guarantee that once you have tried homemade chocolate, you will never want to go back to shop-bought again.
Learning how to make chocolate at home has plenty of benefits. Firstly, you can control the ingredients used. You can choose to use the highest quality cocoa butter and other ingredients, and you can avoid any additives or preservatives that commercial chocolate manufacturers use to make their chocolate products more shelf-stable.
If you have any food sensitivities, you can make your own chocolate recipes that avoid things like gluten, wheat or soya, which are common ingredients in many shop-bought chocolate products. Plus, making your own chocolate is more affordable than you might think. You can buy cocoa beans and butter in bulk, making it very cost-effective to make your own chocolate at home.
Chocolate making can be a fun and creative activity to share with your children, family or friends. You can make sweet treats to give as gifts, and you can perfectly tailor them to suit the different tastes of your friends and family. Do you like your chocolate dark and rich? Or do you prefer it to be milky and sweet? You can adjust the ingredients to make chocolate perfect for your taste buds.
If you want to learn a fun and rewarding new hobby or enjoy the best chocolate possible, give the Art of Chocolate Making course a try! You won't be disappointed.
What is included in the course?
You will learn how to make superb handmade chocolates at home with Paul A Young, the UK's top chocolatier. Paul will explain how the quality of your ingredients will make a big difference in the taste and texture of your chocolate.
You will also be provided with a list of tools and equipment you will need to make chocolate from home during your course successfully. You may already have much of the kitchen equipment you need, such as saucepans, baking trays, a palette knife and baking paper.
Tempering chocolate can be tricky to learn, but it's essential for making smooth and glossy chocolate. Paul will go through the tempering process step-by-step, so you will be able to master making tempting handmade chocolate treats from your own kitchen.
Not only will you learn how to temper chocolate, but you will also learn plenty of valuable chocolate-making skills, such as:
- Making truffles and chocolate ganache
- Creating moulded chocolates
- Making fruit, alcohol and caramel fillings
- Presenting and packaging chocolates
Paul is a world-renowned chocolate maker and flavour alchemist. He is known for his innovative and daring flavour combinations, which are always perfectly balanced.
In this course, Paul will share the secrets of his success. He will teach you how to create your own unique and delicious chocolate flavour combinations. Paul will share his secret recipe for his multi-award-winning sea-salted caramel truffle as a special bonus. This truffle is a perfect example of Paul's creativity and skill. It is a delicate balance of sweet, salty, and buttery flavours.
If you want to learn from one of the best chocolate makers in the world, then this course is for you. Paul will teach you everything you need to know to create your own delicious and unique chocolate flavours that will astound your friends and family.
Chocolate and beyond
The Art of Chocolate Making course will teach you everything you need to know to create professional-standard chocolates at home. However, Paul's passion and enthusiasm for chocolate are infectious, and he will also teach you about the history of chocolate, different types of chocolate, and how to temper chocolate perfectly.
You will also learn how to make cream and water ganaches, mould and roll truffles, and enrobe and shell chocolates. In addition, you will learn how to create delicious chocolate bars and barks, layer and perfect caramel, and decorate your chocolates like a pro. By the end of this course, you will be a true chocolate master!
The course includes:
- Four on-demand video lessons - presented by Paul A. Young
- Lifetime access to the video, notes and interactive class
- Flexible classes - join and learn when and where you like
- Downloadable lesson notes
- Practical (optional) chocolate making assignments
- Access on your mobile, tablet, PC, Mac or laptop
- Small interactive online classroom chat with students from around the world
How long will it take to complete this chocolate-making course?
Every student is different, but the course will generally take around 14 hours and 30 minutes to complete. Of course, the actual time commitment may vary depending on your individual learning style and experience.
If you are a beginner, you may need to spend more time on the video lessons and assignments. You can complete the course more quickly if you are an experienced chocolate maker.
The chocolate-making course includes:
- Video lessons: 3 hours and 30 minutes in total. The video lessons are a great way to learn chocolate-making basics. You can watch them at your own pace and review any topics you need to.
- Notes: at least 15 minutes per lesson. Taking notes will help you to remember the information from the video lessons and to prepare for the assignments.
- Assignments: at least 2 hours per lesson. The assignments are a great way to practice what you have learned and get your tutor's feedback.
- Interactive classroom time: 15 minutes per lesson. The interactive classroom time is an excellent opportunity to ask questions and learn other students' tips.
- Tutor feedback review (Expert level): 15 minutes per assignment. Your tutor will provide feedback on your assignments, which will help you improve your skills.
No matter how long it takes to complete the course, you will surely learn a lot and have fun creating your own delicious chocolate treats!
Receive free updates by email including special offers and new courses.