Vegan Cooking made easy with Learning with Experts: It may seem like an exciting project for anyone wanting to learn how to prepare and cook vegan meals for the first time. But what if you feel a bit intimidated by the idea?
Eating a vegan diet needs to be done correctly, and learning how to combine things such as pulses, beans, nuts and seeds to meet your protein requirements is essential. However, for many, it is all too easy to fall into the trap of eating highly processed, ready-made vegan foods full of unhealthy ingredients such as industrial seed oils, sugar, cheap fillers and preservatives that make vegan products more shelf-stable (and profitable for the manufacturers).
Veganism can also seem expensive for anyone new to it. One of the most common questions asked is: How do I make a plant-based diet affordable? In principle, a vegan diet should be affordable. The best way to eat a cost-effective vegan diet is to steer clear of processed foods, even if the label says vegan, and learn how to source, prepare and cook fresh, seasonal vegetables, fruits, nuts and beans.
Even if you or your family members are not keen on eating plants, there are ways to prepare vegan meals that are tempting and tasty, even for the most dedicated of meat eaters. Keeping your vegan diet varied and interesting is also a key to success. If you have a garden or allotment, you can grow a wide range of seasonal fruits and veg that can be picked at their prime and used fresh or frozen down for use during winter, where your choices will be more limited.
The best way to prepare and cook well-balanced, cost-effective vegan meals is to learn from a professional and highly experienced vegan chef, such as vegan chef and plant-based restaurant owner Kirk Haworth.
No matter if you are new to a vegan diet and you want to learn how to cook excellent meals from scratch, or you are already eating vegan but want to add more variety to your range of meals, the Learning with Experts Vegan and Plant-based Cooking course has everything you need to learn how to cook delicious vegan and plant-based dishes for you and your family and friends.
Our course is led by professional vegan chef Kirk Haworth, who will teach you how to cook a wealth of stunning vegan and plant-based meals using fresh and easy-to-obtain ingredients.
This cookery course is practical and hands-on, so you will learn while following along with Kirk every step of the way. Kirk will introduce you to new and innovative ways to inspire your mind and prepare ingredients to maximise their flavour.
You will not only learn new ways to prepare, cook and present your plant-based dishes but will also master the art of vegan cooking so you will always be able to create excellent meals to a restaurant-quality level you never thought possible.
Kirk is a very engaging chef who will guide you through the ingredients you should use and why. He will help you to understand the art of food combining to create a variety of exciting and tasty meals that will never get old!
What will I learn?
One of the key features of the course includes learning how to stock your pantry with the essential ingredients you need. These ingredients will help you perfect your palette and cooking techniques and create infinite plant-based meals.
By keeping these essential ingredients on hand and knowing how to use them, you can easily create delicious and nutritious plant-based meals.
The course includes:
- Four on-demand video lessons - presented by chef Kirk Haworth
- Lifetime access to the videos, notes and interactive class
- Flexible classes - join and learn when and where you like
- Downloadable lesson notes
- Practical vegan and plant-based recipes (with tutor feedback available)
- Access on your mobile, PC, Mac or laptop
- Small interactive online classroom - chat online with students worldwide and share your creative ideas.
By the end of this course, participants will have gained a complete understanding of the intricacies of following a plant-based diet and cooking superb meals. You will learn how to:
- Stock your pantry like a pro: Discover the essential vegan ingredients to create delicious meals every time.
- Master new recipes: From risotto to full-course plant-based dinners, learn how to impress your friends and family with stunning vegan cuisine.
- Boost your well-being: Discover how a plant-based diet can be used as an elimination diet to replace a standard UK diet full of unhealthy ultra-processed food for improved overall health.
- Help the environment: Learn how your local, seasonal and simple food choices can make a difference.
How long is the vegan and plant-based cooking course?
As this course can be completed at your own pace, it is easy to fit around your day-to-day schedule. Whether you choose to complete the course over a weekend or you want to spread your intake over a longer time frame, it will take around 13 hours to complete in total.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the course so you can easily plan the best times or days to take part:
- Video lessons: 2 hours in total
- Course notes: 15 minutes per lesson
- Your vegan and plant-based cookery assignments: at least 2 hours per lesson
- Interactive classroom time: 15 minutes per lesson
- Tutor feedback review (Expert level): 15 minutes per lesson
What will I need to prepare to take part in the course?
While you will receive a complete list of ingredients and equipment needed for each recipe in the class notes, here are some general items you will need to have at hand:
- Standard kitchen equipment: pots, pans, saucepans, knives, cutting boards, measuring cups and spoons, colanders, mixing bowls, etc.
- A blender or food processor
- A vegetable peeler
- A variety of fresh vegetables
- Vegan pantry staples, such as plant-based milk, yoghurt, cheese, and butter
This course suits aspiring cooks at all levels, from vegans looking for new recipes to professional chefs looking for vegan or plant-based inspiration for their menus.
If you are new to vegan cooking, Kirk will teach you the basics, such as choosing and preparing vegan ingredients and using standard vegan cooking techniques. If you are a more experienced cook, you will learn new recipes and techniques to take your vegan cooking to the next level.
No matter your skill level, you will learn something new in this creative and engaging vegan cooking course.
Receive free updates by email including special offers and new courses.